Hi, sorry about my absence, I finally had the surgery that I’d been waiting for quite a while, at the end of last month. I haven’t been doing much these past 3 weeks or so (obviously) other than reading a lot of books, watching TV and cross stitching. I’m on the mend now, although it will still be quite a while before I go on any more long hikes and my cooking is still, unfortunately, at more or less the ‘take it out of a packet and heat it up’ level (and I so miss cooking …. and baths, I’m not allowed to take a bath for another week!). Anyway, here are some random things that I’ve liked in the past three weeks or so (no particular order).
- I was intrigued by the trailers for Top of the Lake: China Girl, so I thought I’d better catch up with the original series and I’m glad I did, because it’s brilliant! The original Top of the Lake is currently on Netflix and if you like well shot, slightly strange crime drama, it’s one for you.
- Keeping with the Elizabeth Moss love in, The Handmaid’s Tale continues to be brilliant too.
- The final episode of the current series of Doctor Who was fantastic, I will so miss Peter Capaldi.
- BUT the next Doctor is female, I was so, so pleased about that!
- Game of Thrones is back! And I love how for all those seasons of (mainly) male posturing, it’s the women making the moves now.