1. S’s pumpkin, she’s pretty much in charge of Halloween in our house now.
2. All the Star Trek Discovery episodes have been really good so far but the latest one was definitely the best yet.
3. Going to see the Harry Potter exhibition at the British Library with the kids and stopping off first, at Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross to get photos taken and to check out the shop, was pretty cool. The queue for photos at Platform 9 3/4 was long but it was worth it, I got a pretty good pic of S (you can take photos yourself or buy them from the store). The Harry Potter exhibition was really interesting, a mixture of old manuscripts about magic, some real life witches gear and old notes from J.K. Rowling, from when she started writing the series. The old notes, drafts and sketches from J.K. Rowling were the best bits I think, seeing how much work and thought she put into it, years and years before publication, it was very inspiring. If you have some younger Harry Potter fans in your life, I don’t think that the exhibition would be extremely appealing to anyone under about the age of 10-11, although there are bits they’d enjoy, some interactive games, the different rooms set out to look like Hogwarts and an amazing giant book with a picture of an owl. There’s a lot of literal queuing to go and read each draft and note from J.K’s hand (and some of the drafts are long) but for slightly older or grown up Potter fans, it’s brilliant!
4. Having the kids home for the half term holidays.
5. Having some time off work, have been so busy recently.